Published on Jan 15, 2013
All week on Making it in America, weâre taking you through a Budget Boot Camp.HLN’s AJ Hammer sat down with finance guru Suze Orman — host of the Suze Orman show on CNBC. And when it comes to budgeting, she didn’t mince words! Suze helps us whip our money into shape! For more
Comments • 306
Dr Wadell Brooks
Desmond W2 years ago
“It’s not about budgeting, it’s about being control of your money”. Umm which also means BUDGETING??
uncle maff3 days ago
Desmond W humans aren’t very smart .. its very 2nd grade life
ThunderboltTangerine3 years ago
Making it in America is getting by and retiring at 70? Fucking sad…
Carol T.5 months ago
No one “needs” 9 million. One million per person along with paid off house in a relatively low cost/tax area and paid off car is a need. Above that is a want.
BlackWorldTraveler1 month ago
Carol T. Yup they have a lot of wants. Nine million makes no sense at all.
Epicman6293 years ago
I’m a 14 year old and I think I understand this more than most adults.
Yasmin Edmonson2 years ago
+docrw That’s awesome!!!
Twist_It_With_Ty_YT2 years ago
+docrw it is simple, but alot of have temptations. As normal human beings, (most of us) are tempted by the goods and services the world has to offer. Flashy advertisement for those new overpriced “jordans” you want, the new “iphone” is coming out, a good deal on a certain type of automobile. As humans we WANT things, we want the world RIGHT NOW. Alot of us have a hard time understanding that being bad with money is going to severely cripple us later in life. I spent alot of money on my media setup. PC, keyboard things like that and i couldnt afford it but i did because i WANTED it, not NEEDED it. And even i KNEW that isnt wasnt a priority. I try harder everyday to save money, but when you dont make very much it just becomes more discouraging.
Queen Kirlia2 years ago
Katya sent me here.
Thunderfuck Thwoorp4 months ago
WendyJ7111 year ago
I tried paying off all my debt instead of saving money. The result? More debt. Why? Because I was not saving for emergencies. Dave Ramsey says to save $1000…bullcrap…save more than that! I don’t know about you but when shit hits the fan at my house it’s usually more than $1000. My new rule is, whatever you have left over at the end of the month, save 75% of it and the remaining 25% put towards paying down your debt. Yes, it may take forever to pay off your debt, but at least you’ll be able to take care of yourself if an emergency happens. That’s just my personal experience.
WendyJ7111 year ago
+Kay Wize I’m not following Dave’s program. I just referenced his program.
Nick N1 year ago (edited)
+WendyJ711 I don't agree with you. I believe in paying debt first asap especially mortage. If you have a job and you lose it and cant find another one and you have a mortage to pay ? Not only that the interest your losing also ? Repairs in the house can wait. Unless you suffered some sort of catastrophe. I believe in saving like 1500$ in case for car repair emergencies. Thats it. Cars break easily now days and are expensive to repair.